The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Post by isrs4life » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:48 pm

I hate when Smackdown has to use raws set once and a while or were they still in the same place after Raw?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:38 pm

They were both taped in Orlando in the days after Mania.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Ahh they just randomly pushed Jinder Mahel really, jinder mahal? and he won a number #1 contenders match for the wwe championship...
After the winner of the wwe title match between Randy Orton&Bray Wyatt after Payback!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:15 pm

Jinder Mahal is the number one contender for the WWE Championship and will main event a pay per view. The fuck?

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Tiedyemind
Developmental Talent

Post by Tiedyemind » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:00 am

I for one am thoroughly happy that they are going with the unexpected Mahal as the #1 contender. It's unexpected and different and a nice surprise. I for one am entertained by watching him so that's all that matters to me. He looks like a top tier guy and his promo's aren't bad. Am I saying is he credible, no I am not saying he is, neither am I saying he's not, but this win is a step in the right direction and shows that WWE is willing to take the chance. He does get a fan reaction which is more than others.

On a side note, I stream online since I don't have cable and my stream cut out so I wasn't able to watch the whole show, how was the Corbin-Styles match?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am

It's not as if Jinder is the 3MB chump stain he was a few years ago. This is a dude who had a very competitive match with Roman Reigns, was the final opponent in the Andre Battle Royal and on a PPV he bested motherfucking Rusev in a brawl (and nearly launched him into orbit with a running knee). Old stigmas are hurting him more than anything right now.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Plus would *YOU* take that dude on in a fight? He's fucking ripped to shreds.

More importantly. Fuck Shane McMahon, fuck Daniel Bryan, and fuck their weird ass abuses of power.

Smackdown is the "land of opportunity" and you have to earn your shots. Unless you ask really politely for them. And then you're just handed them. How fucking Charlotte cuts to the front of the line just by asking for a match is beyond me. How Sami Zayn gets to be in the number one contendership for the WWE Title match, after being the guy that got pinned in the US Title contendership match the week before (And not Baron Corbin, and oh by the way he got pinned again, no less) is beyond comprehension.

At least Stephanie McMahon wears her biases on her sleeve. These two are THE. WORST. authority figures

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I had to really think about it but now I am actually intrigued by what Jinder, and his apparent new faction with the Bollywood Boys, can do. His after match promo was good and he is now a fresh and legit heel, something WWE is sorely lacking, as guys like KO, Joe, and even Braun are heels in name only as people will pop for them. Give him some run and who knows, maybe homie can actually stick as an Upper Mid-card/Lower Main event talent.

The real question isn't on Jinder, it's on Orton. We all know that Orton, even though he is extremely talented, has the habit of tuning stuff out and not giving a shit, it happened back in 2014 with his stuff with Roman Reigns going into Summerslam and that egg he laid did Roman now favors as he was starting his singles run. If that happens with Jinder, any potential he may have is going to be gone and he'll end up right back where he was, just jobbing and that would suck.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 pm

Luke Harper is another guy smackdown is pushing up and he changed his look to black top and jeans and still kept his beard
then from his original look and hes cleaned up abit.

I realize that smackdown needed a couple new main eventers like Jinder Mahel as well Barin Corbin

Why dont just make your own since Raw bastards always get the older guys and I hope Chris Jericho wins the us title to come to smackdown
as one of the top older part timers.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:31 pm

There's talk that Jinder Mahal is filling in a spot that was planned for the injured Rusev, playing the grumpy/evil foreigner
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:11 pm

Knock it out Jinder! I love me some Ru Ru but if Jinder can do well, I'm happy as that means another star is on Smackdown.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 am

Say, would wwe ever get rid of Natalya I know shes been with wwe since 2008 but she hasnt done anything good
and I think she sticks on smackdown and I know shes Bret Harts niece and thats the only thing that keeps her alive in wwe
and I hate those arm bands of her she never changes her look.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:52 pm

True fact: Rusev is 4 months older then I am and he looks like hes in his mid 40s

Tiedyemind
Developmental Talent

Post by Tiedyemind » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:53 pm

I personally enjoy watching Natalya wrestle. she has a solid character and she is solid in the ring as well. I find her entertaining to watch. I personally don't enjoy watching Carmella as she still seems green and in my own opinion (I know others differ) but I don't care for her character at all.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 pm

I know why they got called up, but Carmella, Nia Jax, and Dana Brooke could've all used another year in developemental. They all could've used some more seasoning.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:25 am

SCXiao
Rookie

Post by SCXiao » Wed May 03, 2017 10:34 am

I'll just leave this here

ImageImageImage

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Funny or on the right move of making Jinder Mahal a main eventer over night and he has a nice new finisher to and now
there letting him use his normal muscular type of look but sometimes they dont let some wrestlers be like there normal self.

And Luke Harper is one to but they are doing him over slowly but nice to see him being clean looking in black recently that I noticed
well at the elimination chamber he wore black.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:26 am

The final photo in this is hilarious

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/gall ... d-40104561

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 pm

These two are absolute gold

https://streamable.com/6mzl3