The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
SCXiao
Rookie

Re: The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Post by SCXiao » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Well that was a fun read. Thanks for sharing it with us
ImageImageImage

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:44 pm

*takes a bow*

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:42 am

... and my sudden but inevitable betrayal - no, RETURN, that's the one - continues with this week's Smackdown. I'd forgotten how much of an easy, breezy viewing it is. The four-man desk is cumbersome, but they managed it pretty well, I thought. Certainly better than at the Rumble, where David Otunga shat the bed during Cena/Styles. I don't like to write people off with this little direct evidence, but what I heard matched what I've read from people over the past year, or however long it's been. Otunga just doesn't seem cut out for a top-of-the-line TV show, with main event storylines.

Opening segment had some more good Miz/Bryan stuff, then got clunky in a hurry, as they set up the four-way. Match was whatever, as four-ways always are. Filled the time well enough, which was the only real purpose.

Dolph Ziggler exists, I guess.

Words cannot express how much it fills my heart with glee that there are THREE women's matches on the Elimination Chamber card. That's sensational. Nattie & Nikki were asked to do a bit more than was reasonable, but the contract signing killed it. Mickie James was lights out on the microphone. Absolutely scorched the earth with her delivery. It's good to have her back home.

Tag division formed a nice buffer before the main event, and Rhyno rocked the shit out of his hot tag. That many people in a match is tough to navigate, but they got it done pretty handily.

Main event wasn't what I expected, but am totally okay with that. I'd figured they were walking out what CLEARLY AND LOGICALLY WILL BE THE WRESTLEMANIA MAIN EVENT to do a greatest-hits-package version of their old matches, with the intention of reminding all the detractors why they should be shitting their pants in anticipation of what - on paper - has the potential to be the best wrestling match to ever close out Wrestlemania. *ahem* They took it another direction, putting on a match that was intended to show just how on top of their games both men are, and how comfortable they are in the ring with each other (bonus points for Cena audibly saying "I can do this all night" during the opening feeling out process). It was the kind of match you put on when you're confident that people will buy into the pairing, and want to see them go at it on the biggest stage. I'm on board, and it sounded like a lot of people in Seattle are, too. Pretty cool that they both ran through their usual finishing stretch uninterrupted, all the way to landing their finishers clean, only to see it kicked out of. Very strong style in that structure, showing that they are beyond the range of normal competition, and will need to break out some next-level weaponry to finish the other off. I'm totally jacked.

Oh, and Bray Wyatt facing Luke Harper is exactly what should be happening at Wrestlemania. That's the better story, and will be a far better vehicle for character growth than Wyatt/Orton ever would be. Also, that discus clothesline was stiff as hell. Harper blasted him.

All in all, a pretty solid go-home show.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Well I find a few episodes being poorly built like The last edition of smackdown of 2016 when Cena return and it was first thing on the show it
would have been cool if Shane or Daniel Bryan called him out and they throwd the triple threat match between styles, ziggler&corbon
as the main event

The 2nd episode I thought was poor was the build up between smackdowns women first steel cage match main event it was a poor show
through out that night

and the build up from this past weeks smackdown for the orton&cena main event well I taped the rerun of it today if I ever decide to watch it after 12am tonight

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:28 pm

Why did Randy Orton give his title shot away to someone else or he really is trying to do something different
with his character like being a wyatt well he is doing a good job at it but he gave up a chance at the wwe championship?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Man, I love Alexa Bliss dam she was born in 91 and now is the new 2 time smackdowns womens champion after Naomi vacated the belt.

Man, I hate the usos new gimmick I had turned smackdown off when they started talking after american alphas match up

Jeeze, I wish they would release Natalya because every thing she does suck but I doubt she be released no matter how sucky
she is and that she is Bret Harts niece.

I am liking Dolph Zigglers new heel character and I hope he beats the crap out of appolo crewz

So, it looks like The Miz and John Cena will have another match at wrestlemania this year I am hopeing after miz cost Cena the battle royal...

No #1 contenders wwe title match has yet to happen but AJ Styles and Luke Harper went to a draw out after the battle royal when they both went over the top rope at the same time...

Wow, I can see smackdown live turn Luke Harper into a big star when he gets a new look on him and he tryed to work the crowd up
after the battle royal to :)

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I wonder how it would be to work with Luke Harper as a face?

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:28 am

Gillette and old spice endorse like harper

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Well now, that was certainly an opening!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:27 pm

^27 minute segment whats that marked down without commericals?

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:50 am

Hmm, so AJ got the job done and then RKO flipped his everloving shit on Bray. I didn't see that coming, and now where do we go from here?

Thanks for helping to eat up a few weeks of build to Wrestlemania though, Luke Harper. It was a lot to ask them to do a 7 week build and you were a saint

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm confused and intrigued at what the Smackdown side has to offer on the road to Mania. Raw seems to just be treading water.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Raw has a PPV and that stupid Seth Rollins injury to deal with, as well as what they're going to do with Kevin Owens (Jericho and Balor are the most obvious choices). They actually are treading water till they know who will be available in 5 weeks

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:25 am

What would have made that final segment even cooler was a final shot of Abigails grave and a hand come out of the ground.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:06 pm

^ Like an out school 80s horror movie!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 am

Keep an eye on where Gable's shirt lands

https://streamable.com/xbvei
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am

He was gable to catch it with no hands kudos to the guy

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 pm

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Welp, I can die happy now. My life is complete. Shinsuke San is here.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Nakamura oh hell yeah