The Ramblin' Raw discussion

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
George1972
Developmental Talent

Re: The Ramblin' Raw discussion

Post by George1972 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Holy TNA moment!!!!

Who thought Hart winning was a good idea aside from the guys who dream of blowing him?

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:31 pm

^^Me

I was juust thinking that wasn't this supposed to be Bret Harts last Raw? And he won the US Championship and im assuming had no retirement speech or anything so everythings all normal and hes not going? Nah everyone watch Over The Limit thats all i have to say, it will be Bret Harts last PPV. And how fitting, Over the Edge was Owen Harts last PPV (R.I.P.) and of the Limit is Brets last.

El Rockero

Post by El Rockero » Mon May 17, 2010 11:34 pm

George1972 wrote:Who thought Hart winning was a good idea aside from the guys who dream of blowing him?

I did...I mean, I thought it was a good idea...not that I wanted to blow him..........

......unless he asked nicely.

Heartbreak Kid
Developmental Talent

Post by Heartbreak Kid » Mon May 17, 2010 11:47 pm

Am I the only person who marked like a school girl when Virgil come out?

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 am

^^Who exactly is Virgil?

Heartbreak Kid
Developmental Talent

Post by Heartbreak Kid » Tue May 18, 2010 1:36 am

Ted DiBiase's bitch from a long time ago.
Now he's Ted DiBiase Jr.'s bitch.

I just get a kick out of things like that. :D

George1972
Developmental Talent

Post by George1972 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:46 am

Okay, okay..

Virgil's showing up was a big mark out moment :D

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 am

I was to tired to watch Raw last night.
But, some how I'm not surprised they would put the us title on Bret.
But, I bet Mr. Mcmahon would come out next week with the us championship
in hand and say due to contractual reasons, Bret Hart is stripped of the US Title
and the belt return to the Miz or start up a tornament.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue May 18, 2010 3:34 am

[quote="Slayer23"]^^Who exactly is Virgil?[/quote]

A Virgin

miche1987
Developmental Talent

Post by miche1987 » Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 am

B_Dub_Dubs wrote:Bret Said WWF :o
I hope he's ready for those suited pandas in sunglasses to come knocking his door down...

candyxwrapper
Mid Carder

Post by candyxwrapper » Tue May 18, 2010 11:27 am

Raw was really good with a couple of weak spots that I didn't care for
The bad
Buzz Aldrin as host was brutal

Did they think Bret winning the title was a good idea? He can't even defend the title so why give it to him?

When did Michael Cole turn heel?

Maryse's hair

Virgil? Really? And did Ted say if he can't buy it he'll beat it? He has a black butler, wants another black guy to be his butler, and he hires 2 latinos to do his dirty work. WWE just love their semi racist stories.

Everything else was good
Edge/Christian was amazing. It was really good. I just hate the fact that now we are suppose to forget that they were brothers when they first came to the company. That really bothers me.

Douchebag Batista is hot. I think his heel work is very good and he seems to be enjoying himself doing it.

I love Sheamus. I love Sheamus. He's the best thing on Raw and he makes the show better. I pray that he takes the title from Cena one day. I still love Cena but I'm just tired of him and pretty much the same people in the title picture all the time. WWE seems to be letting other people shine so that's a good thing.

The mixed tag was really good. Ryder and Alicia could make a really good team. Bourne and Gail look good together as well. Alicia and Gail have really good chemistry together and I hope that sometime this year they feud over the Diva's Championship. They are both better in ring performers than the champion and #1 contender.

the 6 diva tag was great. Layla really stood out here and proved(to me atleast) that she could hold a title and do it justice. Her pinning combo on Eve was great. Nikki was another stand out. I say this all the time but get her away from Brie. Nikki is a great wrestler and held her own with Michelle. She deserves a singles push and it won't happen if Brie is still with her. Eve, Brie and Michelle also did good. Maryse was the only weak spot. I know people will praise her because she looks good and whatever I want to see wrestling so it bugs me when she does one move and wins. Layla and Michelle did all the work but yet Maryse gets the pin? I didn't like that at all. The beatdown she got from Eve was pretty good. We need more stuff like that on Raw.

DJ
Mid Carder

Post by DJ » Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Raw was pretty good. I agree that Buzz wasn't very good, but I did enjoy the WHAT? chants he received from Toronto.

And yes, I too marked like crazy for Virgil. In fact, I laughed the entire Dibiase/Tatsu match. The only way is would have been better is if Virgil came out in his classic attire.

Classic.

I thought overall this week's matches were good. I'm happy to see Edge/Christian go at it, though I wish there was an actual feud after their face off on Smackdown a couple weeks ago.

Once again great to see Zach Ryder airtime, though sadly it seems he might become the new Chavo Guerrero which is sad. Evan Bourne was entertaining as hell this week. I know he's never going to go far up the card with no personality, but please just give me a Even Bourne match each week with his rush of offense and I'm a happy guy. He's just fun as hell to watch.

And please, for the all that is good, please don't let these two Women's Titles lead to a Women's Tag Division. That is the last thing they need right now. Their women's division is a mess cause of injuries and such and the male tag division hasn't been above average in years. Combine the two and that's a big uh oh. It wouldn't be pretty with a Women's Tag Division. Just look at TNA and you'll know what I mean.

DJ
Mid Carder

Post by DJ » Tue May 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Oh yeah, and I thought Bret winning the US Title was humorous. I wasn't annoyed or upset with it cause I know he'll probably vacate it next week or something. Besides, it's not like it hinders Miz's rise to the top. Unless Miz at some point just starts to suck or no longer improves, he's going to be a top guy soon enough so no worries.

Frankly, although Bret said May 17th was supposed to be his last appearance, I think he might be the new GM ol' Buzz was talking about to Vickie. Bret comes out, gives Miz a chance to win his US Title back, says he has to beat an opponent of Bret's choice to do it. It turns out to be the one, the only, Bryan Danielson.

Ta-dah, the American Dragon-era starts on Raw.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue May 18, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm sorda glad I didn't watch Raw in Canada last night because it wasn't commercial-free.

Cableguy15
Developmental Talent

Post by Cableguy15 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:26 pm

That was a very good episode of Raw. I enjoyed almost all of it, something I haven't been able to say in a long time. Maybe they're on to something with this no commercial business. I'm not saying they shouldn't have any commercials, but honestly, it's so stupid how they like to cut out to a commercial in the middle of the match. It's like a slap to the face of your viewers wwe, do it after the match is over. I've found that my excitement for a match is usually gone by the time it comes back.

Their commercial parodies were also hilarious. Here's what I noticed:

- Zack Ryder has some pretty good mic skills, particularly with the insults. Kind of reminds me of a younger John Cena.
- Ted Dibiase needs to stop pretending he's his dad. I already think he's boring. :/
- Almost everyone was on their A-game, or it seemed that way to me. Edge vs Christian, Orton vs Swagger, and Cena vs Sheamus were all good.

miche1987
Developmental Talent

Post by miche1987 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:29 pm

isrs4life wrote:I'm sorda glad I didn't watch Raw in Canada last night because it wasn't commercial-free.
Oh, Cole and Lawler rubbed it in too. About every time they said "Commercial Free" they added on "except in Canada". Must have sucked to be watching Raw on TV in Canada.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm

[quote="miche1987"][quote="isrs4life"]I'm sorda glad I didn't watch Raw in Canada last night because it wasn't commercial-free.[/quote]
Oh, Cole and Lawler rubbed it in too. About every time they said "Commercial Free" they added on "except in Canada". Must have sucked to be watching Raw on TV in Canada.[/quote]

Yeah
Today, I only watched Bret&Jericho Segment then the
US Title Match of the repeat, that wern't cut by commercials.
Last edited by isrs4life on Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 pm

I kinda like how WWE went all TNA on us and gave an old dude a title :). The rest of the show was pretty solid especially Edge and Christian, I for one did not know that they stopped being brothers. I think they need to either put the womens titles on ice until they find some more worthy workers or they should just unify both titles. I am actually looking forward to Sheamus/Cena round two once John and Batista have wrapped up. I got to hear "Oh Radio" and I got to see Undertaker so all in all I am a very happy dude.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

B_Dub_Dubs
Curtain Jerker

Post by B_Dub_Dubs » Tue May 18, 2010 9:39 pm

candyxwrapper wrote:When did Michael Cole turn heel?.
I was wondering the same thing. I havent watched a full episode of raw in a while but he kept going against the popular trend. He bad mouthed Bret Hart and started supporting the co-womens champions.

The power of being on raw seems to be going to his head. We need JBL again to restore the natural order of things and make cole a wuss!

Vote for Linda McMahon to Senate and she can make everything right once again. Yes she can!
The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me!

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:38 pm

candyxwrapper wrote:Virgil? Really? And did Ted say if he can't buy it he'll beat it? He has a black butler, wants another black guy to be his butler, and he hires 2 latinos to do his dirty work. WWE just love their semi racist stories.
How is that in any way, shape or form racist?