The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:12 am

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm

My smackdown thoughts of Oct 17/2017

Ahh, I know I said it sucks to have the same commentators for both shows well Michael Cole replaced Tom Phillps? tonight
because he was sick but I remembered back in the day Michael Cole was the true voice of smackdown and I
enjoyed his work tonight and Bryon Saxton did not speak to much that I could here of the commentators.

I am really liking the Sami Zayn push him and Kevin Owens beat Randy Orton&Shinsuke Nakamura in a tag match
was the main event a nice fallow up of the segment that first started the show with owens, zayn and bryan :!:

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:05 pm

So apparently...
SpoilerShow
AJ Styles has won the WWE Championship at the Smackdown tapings in Manchester, knocking off Jinder Mahal and now looks to face Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series in the Champion vs Champion match (unless another viral outbreak happens). This is very interesting, as while I don't think Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion has set back Western Civilization back or anything, he hasn't had a strong reign. Not all his fault as he first had to feud with a face Randy Orton is boring as shit when not killing a Singh Brother or giving someone an RKO and his stuff with Nakamura has been dull (although I would place a bit more of that on Nakamura as he has been sort of half-assing it on Smackdown) but AJ as champ makes for a much better and more marquee match up with Lesnar.

It's also rumored that Jinder may have a legit injury, so that may also be a major reason why they are taking the belt off of him and of course it could've been to pop the crowd in England as it's the first time the WWE Title has changed hands outside of North America. Jinder could when the title back before the India tour and drop it for good to Styles or Cena at the Rumble, but I don't know how busy in India is doing or if he is affecting things positively or negatively one way or the other. Anyway, this should make for an interesting two weeks leading into Survivor Series.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Oh and
SpoilerShow
Here is the link to the story on the main page of WrestleView. http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/931 ... anchester/

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:17 pm

one smackdown thought of 11/7/2017

I'm glad to see my man AJ Styles win back the wwe world championship from Jinder Mahal last night in the uk
and he was the first person ever to do so outside of the us and canada in wwe history :)

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:38 pm

It's exciting and interesting. I'm curious as to how long Styles will hold the belt, is this a temporary fix for Survivor Series as Styles/Lesnar is far more exciting than Mahal/Lesnar? Was this just a quick change to pop the crowd in the UK and could Mahal take it back next week? Will they give Mahal the belt back during the tour of India to get things excited for Jinder's "home" country crowd and still do the rumored Mahal/Cena match at either the Rumble or Mania? Or will they allow Styles to carry the belt and have plans been altered to either Cena/Styles 3 at Mania or perhaps Styles/Nakamura at Mania with Shin winning the Rumble?

An intriguing move to say the least that opens up some fun questions for us nerds to think on.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Say the style orton and cena were teamed up towards Brawn Strowman just seems like an act well are them two an act in wwe now
since they've done it all?